Morehead State University students hosted a silent protest to show support for Black Lives Matter on Tuesday September 8, 2020 at the Bell Tower. The event was put on by Jacob Wilde and Demetrius Dillard both football players for the university. They put on the event to be able to ask that administration listen even though they’re being silent.
“It’s a silent protest to just stand here and let people know that our lives matter,” said Wilde.
Wilde and Dillard are working on becoming an official student organization called Students for Change. They will be putting on these silent protests weekly.
- Morehead chef appears on Hell's Kitchen
- MSU students and faculty produce special for KET
- Dippin' Dots creates foundation in memory of MSU student's brother
- Professor has work published
- ADUC worker goes the extra mile for students and fellow employees
- Rowan County Christmas helps local families
- Pandemic blocks students desire for printed books at Camden-Carroll
- Creating a community by farming